Are you a Site Engineer looking for a new opportunity with one of Ireland’s leading Engineering Consulting Firms? Our client is currently seeking a Site Engineer for their office based in Cork.
The preferred candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in road and civil infrastructure projects. They should demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, strong work ethic, adaptability, a willingness to take on responsibilities, and comfort in collaborating as part of a site supervision team. This role primarily entails on-site supervision, administrative tasks, monitoring, and inspection of construction activities.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in designing, repairing, or constructing applicable structures.
- Proficiency in structure inspections.
- Computer literacy, including experience with relevant software such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with assisting in contract administration, particularly using Public Works contract formats, is advantageous.
- Provide support to Resident Engineering staff in their day-to-day on-site activities.
- Experience in monitoring and inspecting construction activities related to roadworks, encompassing pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, safety barriers, bridgework, and more.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Competence in record-keeping and reporting.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently to achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and best practices.
- Possession of a full driving license and a valid SafePass certification.
- Proficient in interpersonal communication, both spoken and written.
- Adaptable mindset with the capability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize as needed.
- A positive attitude and an approachable demeanor.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a team or independently when required.
What’s on offer?
Our client offers a competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package which includes, a hybrid work model, flexible core hours, generous annual leave, cycle to work scheme, international remote working up to 20 days a year, life assurance and a really strong pension contribution scheme.
Apply today if this role seems like the right fit for you!