Are you looking to make a positive contribution towards society? Get involved with charitable work? Then this role is for you! We are seeking an Administrative and Financial Officer to join a non-profit here in Ireland. They will work as part of a small team to deliver exciting projects directly contributing to Ireland expanding ecological restoration efforts and to the achievement of national biodiversity objectives.
The initial focus of this role will be to improve financial procedures, to build robust financial models allowing us to communicate our vision in numbers to relevant funders and to regularly report on project finances and key performance indicators.
- Supporting activities related to the effective administration, updating policies and ensuring adherence to governance requirements, and the Charities Regulator
- Review, develop and implement financial policies
- Managing financial records, invoicing, outgoing payments and reconciling accounts
- Conducting periodic financial analysis and reports
- Assisting in the organisation of Board of Management meetings, events and community engagement activities.
- Preparing regular reports for supporters, funding bodies, project partners and the Board
- The officer will liaise with external accountants to deliver monthly and annual financial reports
- Editing and proofreading of reports and information notes
- Working with the wider team in the application for, and drawdown of, annual core funding
- Project management
- Day to day bookkeeping and cash flow management
- Min. 4 years experience in administrative and/or financial role
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, advanced knowledge of MS Excel or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Good communications and organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage deadlines and to budget
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
Desirable Characteristics & Experience
- Third-level education in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant subject
- Experience working in the charity sector and in public procurement procedures
- Keen interest in nature and understanding of the importance of natural habitat protection, restoration and education
- Experience working in a fast-pace and dynamic environment
- Full clean driving licence
Feel like this is the role for you? Apply today!