We are looking for an experienced Associate Director to support and work alongside a Divisional Director to further develop our client’s Cork-based Irish division. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established consultancy; that collectively forms a team of aquatic and terrestrial ecologists and scientists with cross-cutting expertise in terrestrial and aquatic ecology, fisheries science, hydrology, hydro/geomorphology and water quality, to deliver a range of projects for Irish environment and conservation agencies and regulators, government bodies, water and energy companies and industries.
You will be demonstrably experienced within a similar role and you will preferably have Chartered status with CIEEM, CIWEM or a similar body, or at least working towards this. You will ideally be a seasoned consultant with an MBA and a good business brain. You will be energetic and enthusiastic, with a can-do, optimistic outlook, able to write tenders and manage projects for exacting clients. You will thrive under pressure and be able to work to tight deadlines whilst remaining calm and focused.
- Ideally, you will hold a PhD or MSc in an Environmental subject
- Minimum 10 years of postgraduate working experience
- Full Chartered status or a minimum of Full Membership of a Chartered Institution (desirable)
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of the Irish environmental sector
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Irish regulators, key businesses (such as water, energy and infrastructure) and associated stakeholders
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of Irish environmental regulations and associated reporting and roles, such as Appropriate Assessment, NIS, EcIA, ECoW etc
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in private sector environmental consultancy
- To have a demonstrable, extensive and established a wide network of Irish contacts