About the company: Gaia’s client is a well-established multi-disciplinary engineering practice, operating across the public and private sectors in Ireland for more than 70 years. With over 175 talented staff in various offices throughout the country, they are proud to be at the forefront of innovative engineering solutions. Currently, they’re seeking a skilled Building Surveyor/BCAR Coordinator to join their team. This role can be based in any of our office locations (Galway, Dublin, Castlebar, Sligo, or Limerick) and offers the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement.
About the role: As a member of the esteemed Technical Advisory Services Team within the Building & Infrastructure department, the Surveyor/BCAR Coordinator will play a vital role in ensuring the compliance and quality of our construction projects. Through mentoring from senior team members, you will take on diverse responsibilities that span Building Condition Surveys, Snag Reviews, BCAR processes, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake Building Condition Surveys and prepare detailed Condition Reports.
- Conduct inspections to assess construction works’ compliance with building and planning regulations and project requirements.
- Skillfully carry out Snag Reviews and prepare comprehensive Snag Reports.
- Foster effective engagement and coordination with Clients, Stakeholders, Contractors, and fellow Team Members.
- Prepare thorough Handover Documentation for Clients, ensuring seamless project delivery.
BCAR Coordinator Role:
- Efficiently manage the BCAR processes within the organization, adhering to the Building Control Amendment Regulations.
- Fulfill the crucial roles of Assigned and Design Certifiers on projects.
- Collaborate closely with Clients, Stakeholders, Contractors, and other Team Members to ensure smooth BCAR implementation.
- Issue the required certificates and documentation in strict accordance with Building Control Regulations.
Skills Required of a Surveyor/BCAR Specialist:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar role or performing similar services.
- A strong understanding of the BCAR process, particularly in the Assigned Certifier role.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Irish Building Regulations.
- Excellent ability to present clear and concise reports, conveying crucial information effectively.
- A positive, proactive approach, with the flexibility to adapt to changing scenarios and strong interpersonal/people skills for seamless team collaboration.
- Possess your own transport and a valid license.
- Proficiency in various IT tools, including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and a keenness to explore new software to enhance project work.
- Showcase technical competence and familiarity with current construction practices.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in on-site auditing and surveying of buildings, along with general auditing skills.
- Competitive salary rate;
- Hybrid working;
- Life assurance scheme;
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Paid mileage and expenses;
- Superannuation scheme;
Join the Team: At this engineering practice, is valued the employees’ growth and development, offering a dynamic and supportive environment to thrive. This is an excellent opportunity to work on diverse projects that make a positive impact on the community. If you are a skilled Building Surveyor/BCAR Coordinator with a passion for excellence, we invite you to be a part of our dedicated team.