Excellent opportunity in a Consultancy with more than 50 years of history which holds 100+ team of Engineers and Scientists. With brand new technologies, disciplines and skillsets they embraced new processes and systems. They are committed to deliver a wide spectrum of engineering and environmental solutions for both private and public sectors including property developers and contractors. This client delivers projects in Ireland, the UK and beyond. For every project they commit to developing the best-fit solution in each case and going above and beyond to support project success. This is a story they are still writing as they continue to seek new ways to innovate and solve problems. There is much more to come but this is their journey so far and they count with professionals like you to continue writing a success history.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit a motivated, practical and adaptable Bridge/Civil Engineer who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative Engineering and Environmental Consultancy. This Engineer will join the Roads, Bridges and Marine sector, which is responsible for a wide range of bridge, road and marine projects throughout Ireland. The ideal candidate will be based in Cork but hybrid and flexible arrangements are available for this position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Undertake design elements for projects to current regulations and design standards;
- Manage the production of drawings and reports;
- Co-ordinate work with engineers of other disciplines;
- Attend meetings with clients, other consultants and contractors during the course of projects;
- Ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Civil Engineer with a minimum of 7 years post graduate experience in the design and supervision of bridge rehabilitation and replacement projects and of roads or other civil works;
- Knowledge of current government forms of contract documentation would be an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of your field of engineering;
- QQI level 8 or 9 qualification in an accredited Engineering programme;
- Good knowledge and experience of current EN Standards;
- Experience of client and contractor interaction and engagement;
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team;
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competitive salary;
- Hybrid working model;
- Friendly and flexible working environment;
- Paid Maternity Leave;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Protection of life and long term illness cover;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Paid professional membership fee;
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring;
- Active Sports and Social Club.