We are currently looking for an experienced candidate, to join our Sustainable Markets team within Financial Services Advisory.
Reporting to the Head of Sustainable Markets, this role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Sust.tainable Finance and Climate Risk team. You will be required to operate as a key member of our team and assist in the delivery of Climate Risk solutions to a wide range of clients.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a dynamic team. This role represents an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful career supported by ongoing development and training.
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support the Head of Sustainable Markets in the Sustainable Finance and Climate Risk offering. Day to day activities will include:
- Assisting clients with the integration of Climate-related and Environmental (C&E) Risk across the Three Lines of Defence including (but not limited to) Risk Management Frameworks, Risk and Control Assessments, Action Plans, Materiality Assessments and Quantification of C&E Risks, ILAAP, ICAAP, Stress Testing, SREP etc.
- Assessing and advising on the application of C&E regulatory and supervisory requirements;
- Providing clients with guidance on Climate and ESG-related Risk matters;
- Managing client and internal stakeholder expectations;
- Preparing and presenting proposals for new client work;
- Delivering formal and informal reports and presentations;
- Assisting in the creation of practical thought leadership articles and publications
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related area, preferred
- Post-graduate qualification in Risk, Quants, Sustainable Finance, Climate Finance, Sustainability, Environmental Technology, Environmental Sciences, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or Mathematics, required
- CFA (Charterholder/Level 3 Candidate) or FRM highly desirable
- Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance qualifications such as GARP Sustainable Finance and Climate Risk, CFA Institute ESG Investing or CFA UK Climate Change and Investing, highly desirable
- 5 years+ PQE in Risk Management required
- Experience within regulated Financial Institutions desired
- Demonstrated experience in Climate Risk (i.e. experience in the integration of C&E Risk across the Three Lines of Defence, TCFD, Climate Modelling, Stress Testing, ILAAP, ICAAP, SREP etc. highly desirable
- Other Sustainability-related experience/working knowledge can/should include: Demonstrated understanding of Climate and ESG-related matters and how they relate to risks and opportunities. Understanding of integration, modelling and/or reporting of Climate/ESG risk highly beneficial; Good understanding of the current and developing Sustainable Finance regulatory landscape (EU Taxonomy, SFDR, NFDR/CSDR, TCFD (etc.);
- Experience in Quantitative Modelling and or Scenario Analysis highly desirable
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project) skills are required and experience with Bloomberg is beneficial
- Other desired experience includes: Ability to interpret supervisory requirements, regulation and/or legal documentation; Leading projects to deliver results for clients/stakeholders within agreed deadlines and budgets; Experience in managing multiple assignments and running simultaneous projects
The successful candidate will have:
- An analytical aptitude, possessing an excellent understanding of Regulated Financial Markets/ Climate Risk /Sustainable Finance;
- A proficiency at quantitative modelling and analysis, beneficial;
- The ability to write concise and perceptive written reports;
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting within a team and with clients;
- Collaborative mind-set and a passion to enable positive change;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment and prioritize effectively;
- A growth mind-set with a willingness to further develop their skills in Climate Risk/ Sustainable Finance/Sustainability/Climate Change