This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing environmental consultancies. This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team providing professional services undertaking complex contaminated land and hydrogeology assessments in support of due diligence assessments for property acquisition and divestiture, IPPC, IED and waste licensed facilities including licence applications, surrender and compliance as well as assessment of unregulated landfill sites for private sector clients and local authorities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
- Project Management of a range of contaminated land projects.
- Design, manage and supervise site investigation and sampling and will be required to attend site and carryout sampling.
- Undertaking Contaminated Land / Hydrogeology Risk Assessments and Waste Classification Assessments.
- Preparation of technical reports and other deliverables
- Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Engineering with a Master’s Degree preferable.
- Minimum 3+ years’ demonstrable experience in a consultancy working in contaminated land
- Strong emphasis on attention to detail and meeting project milestones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and also delivering work as part of larger project team with strong social and interpersonal and communication skills .
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental management.
- Knowledge of Irish and EU environmental legislation and industry best practice standards / guidelines required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and GIS packages and environmental software packages.
- Working towards chartership with a professional body such as IGI, IEI, CIWEM.
- Full Clean Driving Licence required.
What’s on offer
- a full time, permanent position
- an industry leading remuneration package
- competitive annual leave entitlements
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience
- a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment
- an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with
- an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company
- remote working will be facilitated
- a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford