This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team responsible for developing an exciting pipeline of Floating Offshore Wind (FLOW) projects. This company is seeking a highly motivated and competent deputy development manager, with strong offshore wind and renewable energy project development experience. The role is focused on the early-stage technical and commercial development of multiple FLOW projects in the UK and internationally. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of project development and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of this team and our floating wind success story.
The Deputy Development Manager is responsible for supporting the engineering and commercial development of UK large-scale FLOW projects. The role may also support delivery of other floating offshore wind development plans internationally. The Deputy Development Manager will ensure that projects are designed to the highest standards and build strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. The candidate must be able to demonstrate technical competence, commercial awareness, initiative, self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks, challenges, and outputs.
The Deputy Development Manager reports to the Project Development Manager and is based at their office in Cornwall.
This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with and for the promotion of the projects should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package, and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on qualifications and experience. A relocation package may also be agreed, where necessary.
Objective – to support the development of technically, environmentally, and commercially robust FLOW projects from opportunity identification to commissioning ensuring that all outputs are high quality, enhance the market value and stand up to external expert assessment.
Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan and implement the technical and commercial development strategy from pre-lease through to
- Lead on scenario modelling and maintain a strong overview of project DEVEX and LCoE
- Optimise and manage the early-stage development pathway with the objectives of securing a development
- partner, winning seabed rights, and securing a route to market
- Ensure robust project decision management through market engagement, cost-benefit, and risk analysis
- Effectively manage change to ensure continued progress towards core business objectives
- Bring strong and efficient project management discipline to the projects and implement the relevant project management processes.
- Propose ways of accelerating project development or adding value through innovation
- Offer critical thinking, and could challenge the offshore wind development status quo whilst ensuring that outputs always remain robust and bankable for FLOW
- Identify new opportunities
- Interface management with all project development disciplines including but not limited to Engineering, Consenting, Controls, Commercial and HSEQ
- Competently develop scopes of work, procure, and manage suppliers and review all related third-party
- Ensure effective communications and orderly management of data
- Manage and report on project risks
- Support on the development and management of project programmes, budgets, and cost books
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Preparation and presentation of project literature, spreadsheets, reports and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information
- Support on HSEQ management for the projects, actively working towards the zero-harm project objective
- Ensure compliance with the CDM regulations and that safety is always core design priority in all geographies
- Compliance with governance requirements and management reporting as required.
- Relevant Degree with at 10 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry including at least 5 years’ experience in the offshore wind sector.
- Experience of renewable energy project development in the UK, particularly early-stage project development and leasing.
- Knowledge of the technical, commercial and safety regulatory landscape.
- Experience of procuring and managing suppliers.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate alignment with our company values.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate several external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to enable effective discussion and transfer of information between, for example, contractors, team members and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The technical skills to understand complex issues and the ability to exchange with and understand subject matter experts.
- Ability to work as a member of a large, multidisciplinary, and international team.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Ability to create and communicate complex technical information concisely and clearly.
- Recognised project management qualification.
- Experience in the floating offshore wind sector.
- Proficiency in GIS.