One of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland has an opportunity for a Design Engineer, with 5+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector.
If you have experience in one or more of the following disciplines – Civil, Process or MEICA – they will be glad to have you join the Infrastructure Division.
The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- A blend of project management and technical expertise with hands-on understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; previous design and/or commissioning experience.
- Assistance with the design and delivery of water and wastewater treatment schemes at various project stages from feasibility to detailed design, contract document preparation and construction administration.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Support the Project Manager in the management and monitoring of project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Preparation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications and contract documents.
- Report writing.
- Experience in the design and delivery of water / wastewater treatment schemes.
- Knowledge of different contract types (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works, Irish Water).
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Irish and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a member of a team reporting to senior staff.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to lead technical review workshops with clients; Project Management experience would be an advantage.
- Member of, or eligible to join, Engineers Ireland.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible.
- Chartered Engineer, desirable.
About the company:
Sustainability at the heart of their business strategy. They possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills. They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of ideas. Together with their employees, they’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. They are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.