Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer, with 5+ years of experience in the water/wastewater sector, in one or more of the following disciplines – Civil, Process or MEICA – to join the Infrastructure Division.
- A blend of project management and technical expertise with a hands-on understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; previous design and/or commissioning experience.
- Assistance with the design and delivery of water and wastewater treatment schemes at various project stages from feasibility to detailed design, contract document preparation and construction administration.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Support the Project Manager in the management and monitoring of project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Preparation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications and contract documents.
- Report writing.
- Experience in the design and delivery of water/wastewater treatment schemes.
- Knowledge of different contract types (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works, Irish Water).
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Irish and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a member of a team reporting to senior staff.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to lead technical review workshops with clients; Project Management experience would be an advantage.
- Member of, or eligible to join, Engineers Ireland.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Attention to detail and the ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible.
- Chartered Engineer, desirable.