This is a great opportunity for an experienced Ecologist, to join the growing Ecology Team within a company that is consisitently considered one of the best companies to work for. You will have the flexibility to work from any of their offices as we all as working from home.
You will receive a very competitive salary with an excellent package and get to work on nationally recognised projects and studies.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting. The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including habitat, bird and protected species surveys, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job will involve working with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure, renewable energy and private commercial projects. The role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, scoping studies, site selection, site surveys, Ecological impact Assessments, Appropriate Assessment Reports and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures (Ecological Clerk of Works). The role will also require project management tasks including; financial management, producing fee proposals, and tendering for work.
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A proven ecological track record.
- Proven ecological field skills.
- Should have experience drafting AA Screening and NIS Reports.
- Experience in GIS systems (e.g. ArcView).
- CIEEM membership preferred.
- Experience of co-ordinating ecological impact assessments as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas in all weather conditions.
- Full driving licence.