Excellent opportunity in a Consultancy with more than 50 years of history which holds 100+ team of Engineers and Scientists. With brand new technologies, disciplines and skillsets they embraced new processes and systems. They are committed to deliver a wide spectrum of engineering and environmental solutions for both private and public sectors including property developers and contractors. This client delivers projects in Ireland, the UK and beyond. For every project they commit to developing the best-fit solution in each case and going above and beyond to support project success. This is a story they are still writing as they continue to seek new ways to innovate and solve problems. There is much more to come but this is their journey so far and they count with professionals like you to continue writing a success history.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit a motivated, practical and adaptable Ecology-Sector Lead who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative Engineering and Environmental Consultancy. The ideal candidate will work with large teams in a range of diverse projects in the consultancy sector. Hybrid and flexible arrangements are available for this position.
- Project Management of ecological projects in a diverse range of sectors;
- Interaction with project managers in other sectors or disciplines within the company and the ability to identify, manage and deal with project risk and develop solutions where required;
- Preparing Tender Submission Proposals;
- Client management and business development;
- Managing, guiding and mentoring of junior team members;
- Consultation with regulators and statutory bodies;
- Experience in preparation of appeal submissions, oral hearings and JR proceedings;
- Stakeholder engagement and management;
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA).
- Between 10-15 years experience;
- Degree in Ecology or Science equivalent;
- MSc preferable;
- Membership of a professional body desired, CIEEM or other appropriate body;
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- Full driver’s license.
- Competitive salary;
- Hybrid working model;
- Friendly and flexible working environment;
- Paid Maternity Leave;
- Company Pension scheme;
- Protection of life and long term illness cover;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Paid professional membership fee;
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring;
- Active Sports and Social Club;