This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing environmental consultancies. This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
- Authoring chapters of Environmental Impact Assessments and other environmental projects (for example Strategic Environmental Assessments, EIA Screenings, Stakeholder Engagement, environmental planning application documentation);
- Input into design stage of various projects from an environmental aspect
- Liaising with project teams and attendance at project meetings when required
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverables is to a consistently high standard and ensuring that all deliverables are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Client service, delivering all work on time and to a high standard within project delivery deadlines;
- Assess the impact of proposed developments on specific aspects of the environment
- Author chapters of an EIAr as well as at least one in a specific discipline (such as climate, material assets etc.)
- Take ownership of project work from inception to completion and provide regular progress reports to the Project Manager;
- Report to the Technical Director on workflows and deliverables;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations and project deadlines;
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 1 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Experience working with EU and Irish environmental legislation,
- Experience at project EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of EIAr and EPA Licencing regulations.
- Professional membership (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland (not required, but would be advantageous)
- a full time, permanent position
- an industry leading remuneration package
- competitive annual leave entitlements
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience
- a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment
- an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with
- an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company
- remote working will be facilitated
- a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford