We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Scientist. You will be based in Dublin, with the option to work remotely also. This opportunity offers the chance to have a varied role and cover a broad range of areas within the environmental sector. The role will involve monitoring and reporting on groundwater and surface water quality, air quality (dust and PM10s), and biological assessment of surface waters.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Work closely with senior staff in delivering the workload assigned.
• Undertake environmental monitoring, interpret & report on findings
• Take ownership for the delivery of individual projects from conception to execution.
• Ensure that all deliverables meet the expected quality levels and are delivered on time and within budget.
• Manage sub-contractors and laboratories and review their work.
• Prepare regulatory applications and assist with their implementation.
Skills / Qualifications
• Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental science.
• High-energy professional with excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills.
• Environmental monitoring and interpretative report writing experience would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with monitoring equipment such as landfill gas analysers, groundwater pumps, PM10 analysers, and knowledge of calibration of in-situ monitoring equipment would be an advantage
• Experience analysing datasets and monitoring of trends in results.
• Key attributes include efficient work methods and ability to work both as part of team and on own initiative.
• Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and guidance and with Health and Safety procedures.
• The ability to manage several priorities at once will be required as will a high level of commitment to success.
• Experience in air modelling is not essential but is an advantage
• Full Drivers Licence essential.
*An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate