Fantastic opportunity at the one of largest Irish owned Consultancy with centres of excellence in Renewable Energy, Civil Infrastructure and Waste and Resource Management.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit an Environmental Scientist (Field Monitoring) to join the Waste and Environmental client’s established team in any of the three offices, but working from home is available as well, so distance is not a challenge. This opportunity offers the chance to have a varied tole and cover a broad of areas within the environmental and waste management sectors of the client. The successful candidate will work closely with a senior staff members in the delivery of a range of projects spanning waste and IED license and waste permit environmental monitoring, data management, regulatory inspections and interpretative reports. The role will involve field monitoring and reporting on groundwater and surface water quality, air quality (dust and PM10s), monitoring of landfill gas and noise, biological assessment of surface waters.
- Work closely with senior staff in delivering the workload assigned;
- Take ownership for the delivery of individual projects from conception to execution;
- Ensure that all deliverables meet the expected quality levels and are delivered on time and within budget;
- Undertake environmental monitoring, interpret & report on findings;
- Manage sub-contractors and laboratories and review their work;
- Prepare regulatory applications and assist with their implementation;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals;
- Liaise with clients.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental science or engineering discipline;
- Minimum 1-3 years’ post-graduate experience;
- Candidate should be a high-energy professional with excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills;
- Environmental monitoring and interpretative report writing experience should be an advantage;
- Familiarity with monitoring equipment such as landfill gas analysers, groundwater pumps, PM10 analysers, noise meter and knowledge of calibration of in-situ monitoring equipment would be and advantage;
- Experience analysing datasets and monitoring of trends in results;
- Efficient work methods and ability to work both as part of team and on own initiative;
- Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and guidance and with Health and Safety procedures;
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of commitment to success;
- Full clean drivers licence essential.
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package;
- Hybrid working;
- Shorter working on Friday;
- Medical benefit;
- Professional body support.