This is an excellent career opportunity for an Environmental Scientist / Hydrologist. You will join a thriving consultancy and work as an integral member of the Energy and Planning team. You can be based in Cork, Dublin or Kilkenny, with the option to work remotely also.
This position offers exposure to a broad range of projects within the Energy and Planning sector including. Onshore Wind Farms, Offshore Wind Farms. Solar Farms, Battery Storage and ancillary grid infrastructure.
You will advise the project team on preliminary drainage design, surface water management and flood risk associated with renewable energy projects.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit, hybrid working and professional body support.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in Environmental / Civil Engineering
- Seven years post-graduate experience is desirable
- Chartered status with professional body
- A working knowledge of Microdrainage software.
- Design of SuDS drainage systems, hydraulic modelling, attenuation design across a wide range of projects.
- Flood Risk Modelling and Assessment
- The ability to manage several priorities at once will be required as will a high level of commitment to success.
- Full drivers licence
The Environmental Scientist / Hydrologist will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Preparing Hydrology Impact Assessments on the likely impacts of proposed projects.
- Scoping and coordinating, supervising water quality assessments.
- Flood Risk Modelling and assessment.
- Presentation of expert witness at Oral Hearing
- Managing and mentoring junior staff