Our client is seeking a Forensic Engineer/Engineer Expert Witness to join their growing dynamic company. This role will allow you the autonomy to complete work your way, in accordance with the company objectives and core values with regular contact and support from the Forensic and Managing Directors.
About the role:
- Conduct inspections at accident sites, such as roads, factories, buildings, or machinery.
- Capture photographs of pertinent areas and equipment/vehicles.
- Document dimensions and perform necessary tests (e.g., slip assessments, force calculations, light assessments, etc.).
- Conduct research on regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Generate comprehensive technical reports.
- Provide clients with guidance on liability matters.
- Present evidence and undergo expert witness cross-examination in legal proceedings.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Confident and composed, even in high-pressure situations.
- Adept at providing testimony in court and handling cross-examination.
- Professional, well-organized, and methodical.
- Exceptional proficiency in technical report writing.
- Highly motivated with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems effectively.
- Hold an NFQ Level 8, 9, or 10 qualification (degree, master’s, or doctorate) in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Fire).
- Chartered Engineer.
- At least 10 years of postgraduate experience
- Experience in some of the following disciplines:
- Forensic engineering
- Providing expert witness testimony in court
- Road construction and repair
- Road traffic accident collision analysis
- Road safety audits
- Building Construction
- Structural engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Forensic fire investigations
- Industrial machinery
- Health and Safety
- Manual handling/ergonomics
- Hold a full driving licence and own transport.
- Experience in Forensic Engineering is highly desirable
- Competitive long-term salary and performance-related bonus.
- Travel expenses.
- A generous company donation to a charity of your choice.
- Contributory pension, after 2 years’ service.
- Company-funded life insurance.
- Hybrid working option (2/3 days in office and off-site and remote working).
- 21 days’ annual leave in addition to public holidays.
If your looking for a new challenge as a Forensic Engineer and this role seems like the right fit for you, apply today!