An Irish company dedicated to servicing the marine and aerial survey needs of the Offshore Renewable Energy Sector is hiring a geophyicist for their dynamic geophysical department in a predominantly offshore capacity is currently hiring a geophysicist. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a innovative company with impressive technologies especially considering the untapped potential for offshore wind energy in Ireland. this company would be suited to someone looking for a company that operates sustainably and considers environmental issues in their activities.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys, including Ultra High Resolution Seismic and occasional UXO surveys.
- Carry out processing and interpretation of the acquired geophysical data
- Produce reports.
- QA final deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND or Degree qualification in relevant earth science related discipline
- 2-5 years minimum experience in a similar offshore capacity
- Experience in the use of relevant survey data acquisition and processing software packages
- GIS experience preferable
- Report preparation experience
- Must hold valid industry recognized and approved Offshore Survival and Medical certification