This is a very exciting opportunity for a GIS Specialist to work with a very reputable, multinational company in the renewable energy sector. You can be based anywhere in Ireland and can work fully remote.
It is a 2 year contracting opportunity, which offers the successful candidate a sense of security that a lot of short-term contracting opportunities cannot. As well as this, the role offers excellent exposure working on some of the largest renewable energy projects across the country.
- Asset mapping, curation and spatial analysis using ArcGIS Desktop
- Maintenance of existing web GIS applications (ArcGIS Online)
- Using a range of data visualisation tools to present GIS data to clients (AGOL, Tableau, QlikView, Carto, using Adobe Suite for infographic design: photoshop, illustrator )
- Using geo-processing tools to examine datasets, create new information or investigate patterns.
- Hold a degree qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or an equivalent qualification that has GIS / geospatial assessment as a significant component
- Detailed knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and associated applications
- Interested in and passionate about environmental data and the renewable energy sector
- Have applied knowledge in using desktop and web GIS technologies for data management, visualisation, spatial analysis (ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, QGIS or similar desirable)
- Ability to gather data and interpret results.
- Data and information management skills.