Gaia Talent is looking to recruit a GIS Technician who is interested in Ecology field work to be part of one of Ireland’s top Consultancies in the country with over 20 years of diverse experience in the terrestrial, marine and freshwater environments. This is an excellent opportunity to join this great Consultancy that has recently become part of huge global Consultancy (RSK Group) that brings a whole other level of possibilities for new employees offering exceptional career development and training. The ideal candidate will be based or willing to relocate to County Clare/surrounding areas in Ireland with flexible options available. Familiarity with birds/bats surveys it is a differential.
- Asset mapping, curation and spatial analysis using ArcGIS Desktop;
- Maintenance of existing web GIS applications (ArcGIS Online);
- Using a range of data visualization tools to present GIS data to clients (AGOL, Tableay, QlikView, Carto, Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Using geo-processing tools to examine datasets, create new information or investigate patterns;
- Be part of surveys and ecology activities on the field.
- Hold a degree qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or an equivalent qualification that has GIS/Geospatial assessment as a significant component;
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position;
- Detailed knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and associated applications;
- Interested in and passionate about environmental and ecology data;
- Have applied knowledge in using desktop and web GIS technologies for data management, visualization, spatial analysis (ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, QGIS or similar);
- Ability to gather data and interpret results;
- Data and information management skills;
- Knowledge with birds/bats surveys is desirable but not essential.
- You will have the opportunity to work at a high level of learning in a great place to work;
- Excellent and competitive salary and benefits;
- Opportunity to continuously improve and grow your career.