We have an exciting opportunity for a a full-time, permanent Graduate Land Agent, based in Cork, Galway or Dublin (also with possibility to work remotely). Working on a variety of projects across difference sectors, the successful candidate will above all be personable, trustworthy, adaptable, and flexible to the requirements of the role. They will also be highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The vacancy may suit a candidate with a recent graduate of agricultural, forestry, property, or sales background, looking for a challenge, work towards chartership and to further their career.
- Engaging and liaising with landowners to secure land agreements for development projects
- Building and maintaining relationships with landowners and remaining available as a point of contact through the negotiation of agreements
- Progressing negotiations with landowners from initial introductions through to the signing of legal agreements
- Explaining often technical, legal and commercial matters in a clear, non-technical manner that landowners can relate to
- Documenting details of interactions with landowners, and reporting of those details to the Land Solutions team and project
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. property, renewables, project management, business or environmental)
- Relevant work experience or interest in renewable energy, property or project management background or related discipline
- An ability to proactively approach owners of land to discuss proposals and opportunities on behalf of our clients
- Exceptional communication and conversational skills, including conflict resolution, risk management, and managing complex issues
- An ability to work independently, and within the Land Solutions team
- Experience of managing and maintaining effective relationships with multiple key stakeholders an ability to collaborate with our clients, internal project managers and other professionals
- An ability to educate, share knowledge and generate interest in key concepts report writing skills
- Access to their own vehicle – extensive travel will be required
- IT Skills – the successful applicant will be proficient in all MS Office applications
Desirable (but not essential) criteria include:
- An understanding of the planning and development process for large development projects Knowledge of renewable energy projects
- An ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel and database management skills
- An understanding of property registration and various forms of legal agreements used to secure lands access and development
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.