Our client is currently seeking a Hydrogeologist to join our Environment & Planning Team in Dublin. Our team is driven by highly qualified and enthusiastic scientists and engineers who maintain a full and varied project load from a broad base of private and public sector clients. Our workstream is generated through well-established nationwide client relationships, as well as internal cross-sectional cooperation within the company. They offer a competitive salary to the ideal candidate and we also provide the opportunity to work on nationally recognised projects and studies.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of hydrogeological risk assessments, groundwater resource assessments and relevant sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs). The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate experience in the design and implementation of hydrogeological surveys and projects, drilling supervision and test pumping.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job will involve working with the existing team on hydrogeological aspects of various on-going projects including input to desktop studies, field mapping, and reporting.
- MSc Degree in Hydrogeology;
- 2+ years relevant experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good knowledge of Irish hydrogeology;
- Proven field skills;
- Excellent GIS skills;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation and planning requirements;
- Demonstrate experience in assisting in managing projects including financial management;
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions necessary to carry out the collection of data;
- Full driving licence;
- Be prepared to work throughout Ireland depending on contracts available at the time.