Excellent opportunity in a Consultancy with more than 50 years of history which holds 100+ team of Engineers and Scientists. With brand new technologies, disciplines and skillsets they embraced new processes and systems. They are committed to deliver a wide spectrum of engineering and environmental solutions for both private and public sectors including property developers and contractors. This client delivers projects in Ireland, the UK and beyond. For every project they commit to developing the best-fit solution in each case and going above and beyond to support project success. This is a story they are still writing as they continue to seek new ways to innovate and solve problems. There is much more to come but this is their journey so far and they count with professionals like you to continue writing a success history.
The Water and Flood Risk Management Team of this established client is in the process of expanding and have a number of vacancies for talented and enthusiastic Hydrologists and Civil Engineers specializing in hydrology, hydraulic modelling, flood risk management and drainage design. Experience in Coastal Protection would also be helpful.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit candidates with experience ranging from 2 – 10 years who will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work on challenging and varied projects within a close-knit team of engaging individuals. This solid Consultancy is committed to ensuring excellent development opportunities and encourages all staff to strive to be outstanding in their chosen field. These are permanent roles in a friendly and dynamic company which offers successful candidates opportunities for career development with a structured mentoring and support system for younger staff. Their approach is team based and brings together a focused group of people working on a diverse range of projects. The current vacancies are available in Munster and there is flexibility regarding the office location in which you will be based with opportunities for remote working.
Ideal candidates will have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Fluvial flood modelling including 1D/2D capabilities using Flood Modeller Pro, HEC-RAS or similar;
- Hydrological studies and analysis including flood estimation using techniques such as FSU, FSR, FEH, demonstrating a sound understanding of hydrology first principles and knowledge of statistics as applied to hydrology and flood event analysis;
- Preparing Site Specific and Strategic Flood Risk Assessements & knowledge of the flood risk management guidelines and National Policies;
- Experience in flood risk management & flood relief scheme design;
- Urban drainage modelling and network design using MicroDrainage or similar;
- SuDs design & preparing strategic drainage strategies;
- Providing inputs to EIAR’s such as hydrology and water chapters;
- Using Civils 4D and/or ArcGIS to assist with analysis, design and reporting;
- Project scoping, planning and programming;
- Experience in hydrogeological assessments and groundwater flooding may be beneficial;
- Experience in coastal flood risk assessment and modelling and/or coastal protection would be beneficial;
- General civil engineering or geotechnical design experience combined with some or all the above capabilities may be an advantage.
- Minimum level 8 degree qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Hydrology with between 2 and 10 years relevant experience (roles and remuneration will be tailored to suit experience and qualifications);
- Relevant MSc would be viewed favorably;
- Enthusiastic team player with a constructive and proactive approach to work;
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills;
- Strong problem solving capabilities with willingness to accept responsibility and meet strict deadlines;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Full driver’s license;
- Ability to process large datasets using coding such as Matlab or similar would be beneficial.
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Flexible/hybrid working hours;
- Opportunities to work in a friendly environment on a diverse range of challenging and rewarding projects, reporting directly to Senior Managers and Directors;
- Careers progression opportunities;
- Accredited CPD Programme with support and mentoring;
- Working on a wide range of projects;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Active Sports and Social Club;
- Maternity pay;
- Protection of life and long term illness cover;
- Financial support for further approved training;
- Paid professional membership fee.