This an excellent opportunity to join one of Irelands top consultancies with an exceptional Ecology team. They offer an excellent mentoring program and a very competitive salary and package and also provide the opportunity to work on nationally recognised projects and studies.
The successful candidate will gain excellent experience working in teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting. You will also gain extensive project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including habitat, bird and protected species surveys, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments.
The job will involve working with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure, renewable energy and private commercial projects. As a Junior Ecologist, supported by a Senior Ecologist, the role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, scoping studies, site selection, site surveys, Ecological impact Assessments, Appropriate Assessment Reports and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures (Ecological Clerk of Works).
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- Proven ecological field skills – any field experience with Birds or bats is highly beneficial.
- Experience in GIS systems.
- CIEEM membership preferred.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas in all weather conditions.
- Full driving licence.