We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Planner, you can be based in Dublin or Galway (with the possibility to work from home also). The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of renewable energy projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Work on small to medium renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
- Assist in preparation and submission of renewable energy projects.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of planning appeals and planning policy reviews.
- Assist in undertaking background research, desk studies, and field visits.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines. The candidate must have a full driver’s licence.
*The successful candidates will have 0 – 1 year’s post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.