One of the leading engineering consultants in Ireland are seeking to recruit a Junior Planner. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited)
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements
- Work on small to medium planning projects from inception to completion
Have a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Providing inputs on planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs
- Liaising with client representatives to progress projects effectively
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.