Company: An Irish Ecological Consultancy part of the global RSK Group
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: An expressive ecological company in Ireland and a part of the global RSK Group, is embarking on an exciting journey to establish a Marine Ecology Team in 2024. To lead this dynamic team, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Marine Ecologist who will play a pivotal role in building and running the team.
- Team Leadership – As the Senior Marine Ecologist, you will be responsible for assembling, leading, and managing the Marine Ecology Team. This includes fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment to achieve our ecological goals.
- Project Management – Oversee the team’s involvement in significant projects, such as the Interconnector between Ireland and France, a groundbreaking Offshore Renewable Energy endeavor. You will also manage marine surveys for the Marine Institute in Ireland.
- Ecological Expertise – Bring your extensive ecological knowledge to the team and provide strategic guidance on marine ecology aspects, ensuring the highest standards of environmental impact assessments and sustainable practices.
- Collaboration – Work in close partnership with marine specialists from the RSK Group, fostering cooperation and knowledge exchange to maximize the ecological team’s effectiveness.
- Timely Delivery – Ensure that all marine ecology projects are completed within the established timelines, meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Marine Ecology, Biology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years working in a marine environment.
- Proven experience working in marine ecology preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Ireland’s marine environment and ecosystems.
- Proficiency in ecological assessment methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Commitment to environmental conservation and sustainable practices.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Contributory pension plan.
- Access to a 24/7 online GP service.
- Bonus scheme based on performance.
- Professional membership dues paid.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Hybrid working options.
- Flextime to promote work-life balance.
- Employee experience benefits, including professional development opportunities.
- Family benefits to support work-life integration.
- Well-being benefits to promote physical and mental health.
- Bike-to-work scheme to encourage sustainable transportation.
Application Deadline: We invite applications from passionate marine ecologists to join our team. The ideal timeline to start is between February and March 2024.
If you are ready to make a meaningful contribution to the marine ecology field and be part of an innovative team working on groundbreaking projects, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply: Submit your application through Gaia’s website or contact me directly at [email protected]