We have an excellent opportunity for a Marine Ornithologist. You can be based in Dublin or Wicklow (with the option to work remotely also). The main responsibilities and tasks of this role are predominantly linked to the processing / analysis workflow of aerial bird surveys.
• A bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Environmental Science, Ecology, Marine Biology, Geography.
• Understanding of European/Irish guidelines in relation to bird and Marine Mammal surveys to ensure compliance and best practice is adopted during survey planning, execution and reporting.
• Field work experience of using survey techniques and operating environmental sampling equipment
• A working knowledge of GIS, LIDAR, GPS and other technologies is highly sought
• Experience in aerial surveys (and interpretation of data from same) is also high desirable.