MEICA Project Manager
This position will oversee site MEICA teams which may comprise, Site Agents, Construction Managers, Site Engineers, Site Supervisors/Foremen and sub-contractors Project Engineers, and Electricians, and take full responsibility for the safe, timely execution of the MEICA projects in accordance with budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
- Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained,
- Understand the Safety Statement and ensure that it is readily available on each site.
- Plan, manage and deliver their project in performance and fashion that epitomizes the company’s vision, strategy and values,
- Plan all construction operations to ensure required deadlines will be met,
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote a safety culture among the ranks throughout their project,
- Supervise the work of staff, operatives, sub-contractors etc. and give them guidance when needed,
- Co-ordinate required training with the HSQE department,
- Manage, direct, educate and mentor junior technical site staff,
- Determine required resources (manpower, plant, equipment, subcontractors and materials) from commencement stage through to completion giving consideration to budgetary constraints,
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Negotiate deals with suppliers and sub-contractors,
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities,
- Ensure the project complies with all legal or regulatory requirements,
- Communicate with the clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors etc.), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress,
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract documents supplied in-house and/or by our client and their representatives,
- Co-ordination of temporary and permanent works design including obtaining the required certificates,
- Evaluate progress on site,
- Monitor and report to Regional Director on project particulars, including Progress, Programme, Finance, HSQE, Risks & Opportunities, all in a timely manner,
- Develop construction budgets, forecasts to completion and resource requirements,
- Ensure all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented and that contract obligations, with regards to notifications etc., are adhered to,
- Develop Client Progress Reports, Accounts, budgets etc. in a timely manner,
- Measurement and valuation of works complete on-site (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate),
- Develop and maintain client relationships to promote new business,
- Feed information to HQ on current and completed projects as required by company procedures.
- A degree in engineering to support your competency in the role,
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution,
- Chartered Status (or working towards it),
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Project Manager supporting water / wastewater engineering projects as part of a Framework
- Must have a full clean Irish/UK or EU driving licence,
- No work permit sponsorship is available.