This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving Environmental Consultancy in a key role with excellent growth prospects. The role is multifaceted reflecting the varied and dynamic of the new, ongoing and long term projects with multiple private and state bodies.
The Operations manager will enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities will include being part of the interviewing, selection and hiring team; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards (including external training). Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the Operations Director and CEO.
Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, and counsel employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising via KPIs and reviewing job contributions
- Point of contact for HR related queries/issues
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget with Finance team; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures; Actively look to improve systems and processes
- Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, and contract staff (including invoice tracking and approval process)
- Responsible for oversight on all aspects of vehicle and equipment maintenance and/or purchase/ rentals
- Maintain compliance with OWTA and the other pertinent legislation around working
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace and ensure company H/S statement and RAMS are always up to date
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices, submit for payment and track/chase all payments;
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with Operations Director to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
- Organise and promote staff team building/ internal mentoring