Excellent opportunity in a Consultancy with more than 50 years of history which holds 100+ team of Engineers and Scientists. With brand new technologies, disciplines and skillsets they embraced new processes and systems. They are committed to deliver a wide spectrum of engineering and environmental solutions for both private and public sectors including property developers and contractors. This client delivers projects in Ireland, the UK and beyond. For every project they commit to developing the best-fit solution in each case and going above and beyond to support project success. This is a story they are still writing as they continue to seek new ways to innovate and solve problems. There is much more to come but this is their journey so far and they count with professionals like you to continue writing a success history.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit a motivated, practical and adaptable Ornithologist Team Lead who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative Engineering and Environmental Consultancy. The ideal candidate has experience working with environmental/engineering teams and project management of ecological/ornithological projects in a range of diverse projects preferably in the consultancy sector. Hybrid and flexible arrangements are available for this position.
- Interaction with project managers in other sectors or disciples within the company and the ability to identify, manage and deal with project risk and develop solutions where required;
- Preparing Tender Submission Proposals;
- Client management and business development;
- Managing, guiding and mentoring of junior team members;
- Consultation with regulators and statutory bodies;
- Degree in Ecology or Science equivalent;
- MSc preferable;
- Membership of a professional body desired, CIEEM or other appropriate body;
- Experience in preparation of appeal submissions, oral hearings and JR proceedings;
- Stakeholder engagement and management;
- Experience of bird survey scoping, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA);
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- Full driver’s license.
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible/hybrid working;
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring;
- Company Pension scheme;
- Paid Maternity Leave;
- Active Sports and Social Club;
- Protection of life and long-term illness cover;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Paid professional membership fee.