This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing environmental consultancies. Presenting an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to the client.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
- The successful candidate will fulfil a management position, leading and developing an expanding ecology and biodiversity team of currently six ecologists and a number of associate sub-contractors, all leading experts in their field. Areas of work will include oversight, management of and high level input into specialist ecological surveys, reports and projects, Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Ecological Impact Assessment and Appropriate Assessment.
- Lead a team of ecologists and environmental professionals;
- Preparation and peer review of ecology and biodiversity related reports (such as Environmental Impact Assessment Report chapters, Ecological Impact Assessment, Natura Impact Assessment, Appropriate Assessment Screening Reports and general ecological and biodiversity assessments for major and minor infrastructural /commercial / residential developments);
- Act as Lead Consultant on Strategic Environmental Assessment projects;
- Design, manage and deliver specialist habitat and species surveys, analysis and evaluation of results and impact assessments with the support of the ecology team;
- Advise clients with respect to their obligations under the Habitats Directive and other relevant ecological and environmental legislation, provide advice on biodiversity mitigation measures, management planning for biodiversity, offsetting and enhancement;
- Provide urgent ecological response services to clients either at site or remotely;
- High level, expert reports on species, biodiversity and conservation management;
- Advise clients on large and small scale planning applications;
- Attend client project meetings and act as main point of contact with clients;
- Project Management including scoping, budgets, delivering on client expectations, regular progress reporting to the Technical Director and to clients;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations, staff resources and delivering on project deadlines;
- Proactively participate in the preparation of weekly updates and status reports, time management reporting, and the recording and reporting of key performance indicators;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives;
- Assist the company to win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, contributing to commercial tender submissions and assisting to identify opportunities in the marketplace, with the support of the Senior Management Team.
- Level 8+ qualification in ecology or related scientific subject or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ relevant work experience
- Professional membership to CIEEM
- Experience in the Irish planning and development process
- Proficiency in conducting and managing ecological surveys with specific experience in evaluating and analysing data, predicting impacts and designing mitigation strategies
- Experience in all applicable wildlife and conservation legislation as well as Irish Planning and Development legislation
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of GIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, the use of spreadsheets and databases
- High level of attention to detail and quality focused
- Ability to manage personnel, strong leadership qualities and a positive management style
- An ability to build relationships with stakeholders and convey clear and concise information both written and verbal to colleagues, clients and third parties
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and as part of a planning led team on large projects
- Full driving licence
- a full time, permanent position
- an industry leading remuneration package
- competitive annual leave entitlements
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience
- a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment
- an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with
- an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company
- remote working will be facilitated
- a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford. Candidates in the UK and Northern Ireland will also be considered.