This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing environmental consultancies. This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
- Assistance with the project management of and contribution on the following projects: Environmental Impact Assessments and other environmental projects (for example Strategic Environmental Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement, EIA screenings and environmental planning application documentation);
- Input into design stage of various projects from an environmental aspect
- Liaising with Clients and other Client appointed project consultants and attendance at project meetings
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverables is to a consistently high standard and ensuring that all deliverables are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Project budget management
- Supervision of EIAR team contributors
- Coordination of sub-consultants and sub-contractors contributing to projects;
- External stakeholder engagement;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Client service;
- Manage and oversee projects daily, including delivering on client expectations;
- Oversee, guide and supervise more junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements;
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project budgets) and provide regular progress reports to the Technical Director and to clients;
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations, staff resources and project deadlines;
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady workflow.
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, planning or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 6 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Experience working with EU and Irish environmental legislation,
- Broad range of experience at project EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of EIAr.
- Master’s Level Degree*
- Chartered status*
- Professional membership (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland)*
- a full time, permanent position
- an industry leading remuneration package
- competitive annual leave entitlements
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience
- a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment
- an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with
- an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company
- remote working will be facilitated
- a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford