This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest Irish owned consultancies with centres of excellence in Civil Infrastructure, Waste & Resource Management and Renewables. They provide design and contract management services for the construction of infrastructure projects such as roads, bridgeworks, rail, solid waste facilities, renewable energy, drainage, water and wastewater treatment facilities, airports, tunnels and gas pipelines.
Our client is looking to recruit a Principal Project Manager – Civil and Environmental Engineering to join their waste management and environmental team in either the Cork, Carlow or Dublin Offices. The role will suit candidates with a minimum of 15 years of experience. The successful candidate will join an established company and will have the opportunity to broaden their existing range of skills and experiences. This position offers exposure to a number of project types within the company, including large waste management infrastructure development, public realm, urban development and renewable energy projects. The company offers the successful candidate a clear path for career development to Associate and Director positions.
- Leading civil and environmental design teams, ensuring projects are delivered to the required timescales, quality and costs
- Supervising and mentoring senior and junior staff
- Preparation of technical reports and tender documents
- Planning and managing design work, working closely with Project Directors
- Ensuring compliance with our quality assurance and management systems and relevant health and safety legislation
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the team
- Managing the client relationship and communications for his/her project
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or related field and Chartered Engineer status
- 15 years post-graduate experience in the design and project management
- Oral Hearing experience, desirable
- Multi-disciplinary design management experience
- Experience engaging with clients, external stakeholders and sub-consultants
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Candidate should be a high-energy professional with excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills
- Flexible and a good team player
- Works efficiently and on own initiative
- Must be prepared to travel to site visits and client meetings
- Full driving licence
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. The company is an equal opportunities employer, their company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. They encourage continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence.