Our client is seeking a Project Civil/Structural Design Engineer to join the team in their Cork, Dublin or Carlow office. The role will suit candidates with Civil or Structural Engineering Degree with at least two years of experience, who are keen to apply their professional skills and gain experience in a busy and dynamic civil, structural and environmental engineering practice.
- Civil engineering design including roads, highways, active travel, greenways, and sustainable stormwater drainage design
- Structural design including retaining wall and bridge design
- Planning and managing CAD documentation, working closely with CAD Technicians
- Working closely with other Engineers and Graduates
- Attend onsite meetings with the clients and other professionals
- Ensure projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client
- Ensure compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Interested in working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Experience in the civil or structural design of infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of civil design software
- Experience working in a Consulting Engineering company or similar company
- Excellent communication, management, analytical and organisational skills required
- Experience working and coordinating with technical specialists and engineers
- Efficient work methods, functioning both as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience organising and delivering complex tasks involving multiple parties within a short timeframe
- The ability to adopt and to work to new procedures and systems quickly
- Must be prepared to travel to site visits and client meetings
- Full Drivers Licence
What’s on offer?
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate. Our client is an equal opportunities employer. The company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. Our client encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility.