We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Developer. You will be based in Cork (possibility to work from home also). A key aspect of this role will include the project management of the due diligence and completion processes for acquisition projects.
- Ownership of project delivery in terms of time, cost and scope from conception/design through to ‘shovel-ready’ for construction.
- Coordinate project team activities insuring key milestones are met.
- Manage the tendering/procurement processes for projects in line with company policy.
- Ensure financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects.
- Ensure that all site activities are carried out to the highest standards of safety and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Suitably plan, organize, monitor and report on all phases of projects life cycle.
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant development.
- Negotiate agreements including development and consultant contracts, land agreements etc. ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Liaise with external stakeholders and represent the company in a professional and competent manner.
- Liaise with internal company stakeholders as required and ensure all corporate policies are fully adhered too.
- Develop and manage project capex and budgeting, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure and presenting to Senior Management for investment approval.
- Ensure that projects are developed to a high standard and de-risked fully in accordance with any requirements to satisfy project financing and investment criteria.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Sciences
- An experienced renewable energy professional with minimum 5 years in the industry and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre- & post consent stage up to financial close
- A thorough understanding of the commercial/environmental/regulatory challenges facing all stages of wind project development and the renewable energy industry.
- A strong basic understanding of financial aspects of power generation projects with experience of working closely with financial analysts in the preparation and updating of financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to travel frequently in Ireland