One of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services is seeking a Project Engineer required to be based in the Galway, Dundalk, Dublin, or Cork Office.
The successful candidate will be seconded for reporting purposes to a Utility Client and be involved in assisting the existing team in the oversight of a number of capital projects in the water and wastewater sectors. Attendance to the Client office in Dublin will be required approximately fortnightly.
- Workshop 8 – Facilitate workshops with Project team, ER, Contractor to close out project, post final account to review and document lessons learned.
- Lessons learned process – coordination of lessons learned process, taking inputs from Workshop 8s, feedback from REs, and developing appropriate resulting outputs for Client Business units.
- Participate in Waste Management working group which is tasked with developing a standardised approach across all projects which is compliant with all legal requirements and identified best practice.
- Coordinate with Regional Project Resident Engineers in the administration of their duties.
- Assist in the development and implementation of regular reporting for the Infrastructure Delivery Engineering Services Construction Team.
- Third level Degree in Engineering is desirable with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with large infrastructure projects involving delivery of capital projects, finance and governance would be desirable.
- Must have good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements and propose and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of personal and teamwork goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others.
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to others.
- Good knowledge and understanding of current Construction H&S Legislation.
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Prioritise tasks, work with schedules and manage resources while remaining focused on team goals.
- Ability to set own and others high standards of performance and delivering desired results.
About the company:
Sustainability at the heart of their business strategy. They possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills. They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of ideas. Together with their employees, they’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. They are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.