We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer (Renewable Energy), based in Cork, with the possibility to work remotely. The selected candidate will be involved in the development of a portfolio of renewable energy projects across various countries including Ireland, UK, Canada, and Australia, and will be part of a team of global experts developing the future of offshore wind.
The successful candidate will report to the Offshore Engineer and be responsible for undertaking design calculations and activities and providing design and mapping support services for a variety of renewable energy projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be involved in onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar projects in Ireland and overseas.
• Undertake a wide range of engineering designs including wind resource assessment, turbine layouts, electrical cable routing, levelized cost of energy (LCoE) and landfall assessment.
• Prepare specifications for geophysical and geotechnical measurement campaigns to advise site selection, foundation design and cable routing and protection strategies.
• Preparation of Spatial Datasets for use by design team members.
• Preparation of maps to aid design progression.
• Maintain databases and prepare new ones as required.
• Perform geo-processing tasks and analysis of spatial information as required.
• Aid in the development of new systems to improve efficiencies within the company.
• Support design and operations team in the use of ArcGIS, and CAD packages.
• Manage, maintain, and disseminate all project engineering data including wind, MetOcean, geospatial, geological, specifications, drawings, design reports, etc.
• Analyse energy systems and technologies.
• Provide support for writing project proposals, descriptions etc.
• National and occasional international travel.
• Visits to site as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical/Renewable Engineering.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience working in renewable energy, offshore or similar industries.
• Ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other members of the team and with external organisations.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly competent in the use of requisite software for the position
• Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks and challenges.
• Experience with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online suite of applications.
• Proficient in geospatial analysis, data cleaning techniques.
• Proficient in the use of Autodesk Civil 3D software and other modelling software to produce 3D designs. The role will also involve using AutoCAD for certain types of drawing.
• Full, clean driving licence
• Master’s degree in engineering.
• Working towards Chartered status.
Terms and Conditions
• Permanent full-time employment, subject to a successful probationary period
• Emphasis on career development