Gaia’s client is currently seeking a Project Manager to join their Aviation team based in Dublin/Cork or Galway office. Our client is renowned for an array of significant projects across Aviation, Cities & Residential Development, Transport, Energy, and Water markets. Certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the Year in 2021. The Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can-do attitude, and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational, and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector. It focuses on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget, and to the client’s complete satisfaction. The Aviation team provides technical services to a multitude of airports around the globe from Dubai to Hong Kong to Heathrow. In Ireland, this portfolio has included landside and airside projects for the likes of Ireland West Airport Knock and Dublin Airport.
The ideal candidate:
The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Engineer with multi-disciplinary design experience, including successful delivery of schemes from concept to detailed design. The position requires credibility, competence, and technical excellence as it will be a role working closely with industry-leading clients, and stakeholders and will necessitate the development, approval, and implementation of robust design solutions through collaborative working, trust, and proactive management of client demands.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to better serve our clients. You will have the prospect of advancing your career and professional development as a delivery lead on aviation projects. Our current projects are located across Ireland. You will have the opportunity to lead, develop and deliver aviation projects of varying size and complexity, initiate, and maintain client contact and assist the team in winning work. Some overseas travel may be required. The role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who wants to apply, improve and maximize his/her technical knowledge, leadership, and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged. The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Acting as a Design Task Leader or Project Manager on live jobs
- Managing the design process
- Able to supervise the construction of projects and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the specifications of the work
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Line management of a team of engineers and project staff
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff so that they can reach their full potential including chartered status for graduates
- Developing proposals for new commissions
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 7 years of postgraduate experience with at least 5 years in a consultancy environment
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or an equivalent professional institution
- Experience in the development of infrastructure or multi-disciplinary building projects in Ireland / UK – Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, and Construction Supervision.
- Experience in design and building schemes.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary design team, plan, and control technical resources to deliver projects on time, to budget, and to client satisfaction
- Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes, and contribute to a good working environment
- Ability to grow, lead and motivate junior team members including young graduates, and gain respect from colleagues
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners, and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery
- An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies, and evolving best practices to maintain our Client’s position at the forefront of its markets
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations)
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programs and have a good understanding of MS Projects.
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships
- Full driving license.
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, employing over 19,000 people across the UK, North America, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Feel free to apply now or reach out directly to Isadora at [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you!