This is a significant opportunity for a qualified candidate with demonstrated Project Management/Engineering experience to join the Hydrogen and Sustainable Fuels project management team. The company is a blue economy project developer (offshore renewable energy and aquaculture), working with the sea to help deliver long-term sustainable projects that will be part of mankind’s move towards one-planet living.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of projects and programs, across multiple portfolios, ensuring that cost, risk, commercial value and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project planning and delivery. Management of project team members, suppliers and stakeholders forms a key part of the role and will be required to represent both the company and specific projects.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of concept designs, complex tasks and commercial challenges.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce high-quality written documents
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Capacity to integrate into and work effectively in a larger multidisciplinary team
- Strong numerical abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to initiate problem-solving where necessary
Discretion and confidentiality as areas of the work will be highly sensitive in nature
- Project management or project engineering experience.
- 2/3 years previous Oil and Gas experience would be an advantage
- A degree in Engineering (process/chemical or mechanical) from a reputable university or college
- The ideal candidate shall be familiar with the key steps required to define project scope at its inception
- Experience in working globally/regionally
- Good knowledge of the inter-disciplinary engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with online systems – SharePoint, One Drive, Microsoft Teams
- Demonstratable ability in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project
- Excellent team player and ability to function effectively as part of the wider company.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fast Learner and willing to adapt and be agile in the role
- Able to work independently to tight deadlines and under time constraints
- Interest in renewable energy decarbonisation