We are looking for Project Managers with 7 years + experience. Our client has just been awarded a huge 5 year project here in Ireland and we are looking for suitable candidates to join their expanding team. You can be based in Dublin, Cork or Galway, with flexibility around hybrid working also.
We are seeking individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated, and collaborative with experience in co-ordinating and delivering designs. The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Engineer with multi-disciplinary design experience, including successful delivery of schemes from concept to detailed design.
The role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to a driven and enthusiastic candidate who wants to apply, improve and maximise his/her technical knowledge, leadership and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged.
The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Acting as a Design Task Leader or Project Manager on live jobs.
- Managing the design process.
- Able to supervise construction of projects and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the works specifications.
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders.
- Line management of a team of engineers and project staff.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff so that they can reach their full potential including chartered status for graduates.
- Developing proposals for new commissions.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 7 years of postgraduate experience with at least 5 years in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered with the Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- Experience in the development of infrastructure or multi-disciplinary building projects in Ireland / UK – Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary design team, plan, and control technical resources to deliver projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction.
- Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment.
- Ability to grow, head and motivate junior team members including young graduates, and gain respect from colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery.
- An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies and evolving best practices to maintain our Client’s position at the forefront of its markets.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships.
- Full driving licence.