One of Ireland’s largest indigenous and Irish-owned consultancies is looking to recruit a Project Manager with an interest in the renewable energy planning and environmental sector. The Project Manager will work as an integral member of the Energy and Planning team in the Cork, Dublin, or Carlow office, aiding the expansion of the Energy and Planning business and working closely with fellow professionals.
This position offers exposure to the onshore and offshore renewable energy sector including, but not limited to, project management, environmental assessment, and preliminary design for renewable energy projects. Candidates from a scientific, planning and engineering background will be considered. The position will provide the opportunity the opportunity to project manage a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of preliminary design, and environmental reports for renewable energy projects. This position offers exposure to the significantly expanding Irish renewable energy sector. FT have a broad spectrum of ongoing projects and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development.
- Ensure projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client
- Attend onsite meetings with the client and other professionals
- Ensure compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems
- Ensure compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team
Skills / Qualifications
- A suitable degree in engineering, science, or planning
- 8 years post-graduate experience
- Chartered status in relevant discipline
- Experience in Project Managing renewable energy projects is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience in environmental consenting and permitting is desirable
- Candidate should be a high-energy professional
- Excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills required
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholders, clients, sub-contractors
- Flexible and a good team player
- Works efficiently and on own initiative
- Full drivers’ licence
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit, hybrid working and professional body support. Our client is an equal opportunities employer. The company culture champions diversity, inclusion, and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. They encourage continuous professional development, creativity, and flexibility. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence.