We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our clients thriving environmental consultancy. Based in the UK, with flexible working options also.
The successful candidate will join the freshwater biological division. This division has cross-cutting expertise in freshwater ecology, hydrology, water quality, catchment management, Invasive Non-Native Species, Natural Capital and Biodiversity Net Gain. Delivering a range of projects for the UK water and energy industries, and their environmental regulators. The work it does is unified by the theme of ensuring protection of the aquatic environment, whilst allowing the supply of clean water and electricity.
The Project Manager will be required to:
- Manage a portfolio of projects, programmes and frameworks, ensuring that outputs and deliverables are produced to the highest quality, in line with the time, cost and quality parameters agreed with the client.
- Ensure that projects are managed and controlled in line with best practice methodology and all systems and project documentation is up to date.
- Liaise regularly with internal and external technical teams to coordinate and progress project activity, motivating and leading project teams to deliver.
- Manage and develop excellent client relationships and identify new business opportunities
- Support tendering activity through the coordination of activities and contributing content to proposals
An environmental background is not essential, but an interest in ecology and environmental issues would be welcomed.
The ideal candidate will be a project management professional with an excellent track record of delivery on a range of projects, both big and small, ideally within a professional services organisation.
We are looking for an individual who is incredibly organised, able to spin many plates and manage competing demands with ease – therefore, the ability to be able to manage both time and any conflicting priorities effectively to meet project deadlines is essential.
Liaising with clients and motivating project teams is a big part of the role so excellent communications and interpersonal skills are also required.
They will have a keen attention to detail and ability to interpret and analyse data and information; as such excellent Excel and IT skills are a must. Every project can be different, so the successful candidate will need be comfortable working in new and uncertain environments, be flexible and ready to get stuck in!
Skills and Experience – Essential
- Substantial Project Management experience, preferably within a professional services organisation
- Excellent project management skills, covering all elements including leading people, financial management and project controls
- PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel, IT and system skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- A strong interest in ecology