Our client, a leading high voltage and medium voltage engineering services company are currently seeking a QEHS Advisor to join their well established team. This is a fantastic opportunity join a company that operate across Ireland, The UK and Europe.
Our client are offering an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and well-organized QEHS Advisor to join our established team. This role involves travel to various sites.
- Cultivate a robust Health, Safety, and Environment (EHS) culture, championing a zero-harm philosophy and upholding the highest safety standards.
- Assist Project Team Management in developing and implementing safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
- Ensure full adherence to local and national Health and Safety regulations, as well as client requirements throughout all project phases.
- Develop and implement effective procedures and controls aligned with company standards, HSA/HSE legislation, and industry best practices.
- Collaborate across project disciplines to seamlessly integrate Health, Safety, and Environmental considerations into project development and execution.
- Coordinate essential aspects of the construction health and safety program, including site access, security, project induction, first aid, welfare, and emergency protocols.
- Lead the creation and delivery of safety training, workshops, and awareness sessions in consultation with the site management team.
- Establish an active health and safety monitoring system, conducting regular audits and inspections of site conditions and contractor activities.
- Ensure ISO 45001 and 14001 compliance onsite and throughout the company.
- Conduct frequent HSE site visits to identify non-conformance areas and opportunities for improvement. Collaborate with the project team to develop and oversee the execution of Health, Safety, and Environmental improvement action plans.
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements for onsite works, associated maintenance programs, and review sub-contractor RAMS and documentation.
- Contribute expertise to the hazard identification and risk assessment process for high-risk activities and processes.
- Compile and monitor Health, Safety, and Environmental performance data, producing reports on relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for senior stakeholders. Lead incident investigations, ensuring thorough root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Recognized third-level Health and Safety Qualification (e.g., BSc in Health and Safety).
- Experience in PSCS/PC stage of construction.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence safety performance.
- Requires travel (including overnights) to sites as required.
- Full clean driver’s license.
- Experience in Health and Safety Incident Investigation.
Desirable but not essential:
- PSDP experience.
- H&S Management.
- Company Vehicle.
- Company Pension.
- Death in service.
- Income protection.
- Colleague Wellness program.