Are you a Quantity Surveyor professional willing to be involved in a range of diverse projects which will provide you new challenges running away from boring same old activities? Keep reading this advertisement!
Excellent opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary engineering practice operating across the public and private sectors in Ireland since 1952 that are currently employing over 135 staff in various offices throughout Ireland. With 70 years experience in conceptualizing, planning, designing and delivering projects across 4 divisions named Building & Infrastructure, Civil/Design Build/Water, Environment & Planning and Roads & Transportation. The quality of service delivered is driven by Core Values that means People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation – are things which the client cares about most and builds their reputation.
With a continued increase in project workload, Gaia Talent is seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor who will assist the QS Team on all costs relating to Building and Civil aspects of various projects including mixed commercial, residential, industrial and educational from initial concept design stage estimate to final account settlement.
About the role:
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimize project costs, implement value engineering and ensure value for money while still achieving the required highest standards and quality. Also will be driven and motivated to progress their careers and will be required to have a strong work ethic. They will be required as well to assist with the development of the Quantity Surveying team, through the development of strong relationships with both Team and Clients. The role will report to a Senior Engineer on a weekly and daily basis. Ideally this position is available in Galway. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development.
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pretender;
- Preparation of Tender and contract documents including bills of quantities, schedules of rates etc;
- Advise the client on procurement and tendering strategies;
- Assist with the Implementation of Value Engineering opportunities, managing VE opportunities;
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items;
- Perform risk and value management and cost control;
- Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Contract administration of various forms of Works Contracts;
- Preparation and analyzing tender costings;
- Assist the QS Team in providing advice on contractual claims;
- Manage the change order process with the assistance of senior team members;
- Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Assist the QS Team in managing and agreeing on the final account for the projects.
What we expect from you:
- BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying working for a consultancy practice;
- Minimum of 1 to 5 years’ experience preferably within a consultancy practice;
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Cubit and Buildsoft;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, attention to detail including good presentation skills;
- Firm understanding and working experience of Contracts and Procurement methods including GCCC Contracts.
What we offer to you:
- Competitive and attractive financial compensation/benefits;
- A defined career path with clear objectives and progression gates;
- Remote working options;
- A city centre position based in Galway between two bus stations and a train station. Parking adjacent also;
- Very friendly and attractive work environment with active sports and social clubs;
- Encourage all staff to progress their careers and participation in ongoing internal and external CDP courses and events;
- Very strong CPD commitment;
- Opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people.
Think you are a good fit? Apply now! The Gaia team will review your application & get in touch as soon as possible. Looking forward to chatting with you!