We are recruiting a Renewable Energy Planner to join our Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors, and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of renewable energy projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest, and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited)
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements
- Work on medium to large renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion
- Have a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European
- Providing inputs on renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs
- Liaising with client representatives to progress projects effectively
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have minimum 3 years post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment. Candidates must have a full driver’s licence.