Excellent opportunity in a Consultancy with more than 50 years of history which holds 100+ team of Engineers and Scientists. With brand new technologies, disciplines and skillsets they embraced new processes and systems. They are committed to deliver a wide spectrum of engineering and environmental solutions for both private and public sectors including property developers and contractors. This client delivers projects in Ireland, the UK and beyond. For every project they commit to developing the best-fit solution in each case and going above and beyond to support project success. This is a story they are still writing as they continue to seek new ways to innovate and solve problems. There is much more to come but this is their journey so far and they count with professionals like you to continue writing a success history.
Gaia Talent is looking to recruit a motivated, practical and adaptable Resident Civil Engineer (Marine) who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative Engineering and Environmental Consultancy. The ideal candidate will be based on site in Dublin Port but flexibility is available.
- Ensuring that all civil and marine construction is in accordance design intent, Employer Requirements, Contractual documentation/Specifications and Regulatory Permits (Planning Permissions, EIAR, Foreshore Licenses, Dredging Licenses etc);
- Monitoring construction progress and methodologies to ensure that they comply with relevant safety, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Track and monitor construction schedule – report and assess delays as/if they arise;
- Track and monitor construction cost – report and assess costs associated with any delays as/if they arise;
- Track and monitor contractor claims if they arise – report and asses;
- Closely liaise with the client and the engineer – detailed reporting on construction schedule, construction cost and contractor claims;
- Closely liaise with the PSDP and PSCS;
- Has a willingness and ability to contribute to business development and the growth of the business.
- Excellent knowledge and strong technical ability in all aspects of civil engineering works, particularly heavy marine civil engineering and project management;
- At least 10 years post graduation experience of which at least 5 years have been in the on-site supervision and management of heavy civil engineering projects;
- Experience in the field of marine civil engineering, piling, deep excavations, marine outfalls, marine civil structures or similar works is essential;
- Working knowledge of BS 6349, Eurocodes and related marine guidance documentation;
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems;
- Experience of client and contractor interaction and engagement;
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Full clean driving license.
- Competitive salary;
- Hybrid working model;
- Friendly and flexible working environment;
- Paid maternity leave;
- Company pension scheme;
- Protection of life and long term illness cover;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Paid professional membership fee;
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring;
- Active sports and social club.