Fantastic opportunity for a senior civil engineer/project manager to join a leading Irish consultancy in their Galway office. You will be joining their well established building and infrastructure team. The role mandates a minimum Level 8 Engineering qualification (or an equivalent qualification relevant to assigned tasks) and Chartered Membership of Engineers Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager, you will assume full responsibility for the technical and financial delivery of projects. In essence, your responsibilities will include:
- Project planning, programming, and resource allocation, consulting with the relevant Operations Director, and managing those resources.
- Quality Management for all project aspects, covering QMS/EMS/OHSAS.
- Compliance with legal requirements, including project-related Health and Safety Obligations and BCAR obligations.
- Cash flow management based on project deliverables, accurate invoicing dates, issuance of invoices, client follow-up, and project debtor management.
- Communication with the client and internal stakeholders, including Operations Director/Operations Manager and the project team.
- Ensuring any new project has a well-defined brief, a WBS, and client acceptance of T&Cs (usually a signed contract or fee agreement).
- Establishing an agreed project program with the client.
- Ensuring all team members, including other company divisions, understand their roles and budgets (including hours and expenses) within the project.
- Adhering to company procedures for dealing with sub-consultants.
- Ensuring all designs are prepared by competent personnel, independently checked before issuance to the client, and aligned with client requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal skills.
- An excellent working knowledge of engagement conditions or similar consultancy contracts used for service delivery.
- A strong understanding of construction contracts, such as the Forms of Contract used under the Public Works Management Framework.
Excellent opportunity to join a leading consultancy in which you can further develop and grow your career while gaining exposure to a variety of interesting projects. There is a fantastic salary and benefits package on offer including, flexible work hours, hybrid work options, company pension plan and tax saver schemes.
Feel like its the right fit for you? Apply today or send your CV to [email protected] for a confidential chat about what’s on offer.