We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Consultant Ecologist, to join our clients expanding team. You will be based in Cork or Sligo, but with flexible, homeworking arrangements also.
You will spend some of your time in the field, undertaking a wide range of ecological and environmental survey and sampling work, as well as time in the office, writing tenders and constructing well costed and focussed proposals for clients, interpreting data, undertaking assessments, and writing reports.
Your main area of technical focus will be either the freshwater or terrestrial environment and associated ecology, or both. Good knowledge and experience of work with one or more of the following will be essential: botany and habitats, protected species and species surveys, fisheries and aquatic ecology, ornithology, water quality and/or catchment management and peatland restoration.
You are a postgraduate with at least 5 years work experience in Environmental / Ecological Consultancy. You might already be a member of a body, such as CIEEM, CIWEM etc and/or considering achieving Chartered status. You are energetic and enthusiastic, and as happy to spend time on the road and in the field as at the desk in the office or working from home on proposals, costing spreadsheets and reports.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in an environmental or ecological subject
- Full, clean driving licence
- Right to live and work in Ireland
- Willing and able to time away from home and when needed to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Tender and proposal writing skills and experience
- Ability to cost work requested
- Ability to manage won projects
- Field survey and sampling skills
- Field identification skills for at least one of birds or mammals, plants (terrestrial or aquatic), invertebrates (terrestrial or aquatic) or marine/freshwater fish
- Flexible, adaptable and punctual
- Member, or considering membership, of a chartered institution and willing and able to work towards achieving chartered status