One of Ireland’s top environmental consultancies is currently looking for a Senior Consultant – Land Surveying to join their expanding engineering and surveying department and cater to the continued growing demand for their services. They provide services to the public and private sectors including to quarry, pharmaceutical, EPA-licenced, technological, property development, construction and waste industries.
You would operate in a hybrid work environment, supported by state-of-the-art IT systems and software management tools. The role will be a combination of remote and office-based (Wexford), with some site-based survey projects also as required.
This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental, design and engineering professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to our clients. The role reports to the Technical Director for Engineering. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude and a demonstrated willingness to learn.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Model and create drawings from raw survey data
- Develop from and create new templates and feature libraries
- Produce general arrangement drawings for civils infrastructure in CAD
- Develop cross sections and details from Survey data and Volumetric Analysis
- Assist with Land / Site / Building Surveys
- Quarry and Waste Facility premises design
- Setting out and survey control
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Strong AutoCAD skills with excellent knowledge of plot style and graphic manipulation of line weights and colours
- Extensive experience using surveying equipment
- Prior experience of working on Civil Projects, Waste Facilities, Quarry and Surveying within an Engineering Consultancy environment
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role with comparable responsibility;
- A full Driving Licence;
- Chartered / Chartership (desirable but not required);
- Knowledge of some of the following Software Packages:
- Auto CAD
- Survey Control Centre – SCC
- MS Office – Word, Excel etc
- Drone Surveying
- Pix4D Mapper & Pix4d Survey (Or Similar)- Photogrammetry
- Adobe photoshop
- Trimble Sketch up
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental engineering, engineering or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 4-5 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- Full clean Irish driver’s licence
What’s on offer:
- This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
- An Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst staff.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- A dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience.
- A collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment.