Are you an experienced Ecologist seeking a new challenge? This is an excellent opportunity to join a multinational consultancy, working on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water, energy and transport sectors.
Based in Dublin or Cork, with the option for remote working also.
Apply today to find out more.
- Work as part of and support cross disciplinary teams working in preliminary design, statutory consent, and construction stage projects in the energy, water and transport sectors;
- Prepare high quality reports including Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEcA), ecological mitigation, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Appropriate Assessments (Habitats Directive);
- Undertake ecological surveys and providing mentoring to less experienced staff in habitat assessment to Fossitt level III, protected species and invasive species surveys;
- Have a sound appreciation of the environmental and planning reporting process and relevant legislation and guidance;
- Knowledge and experience of interpreting ecological monitoring data;
- Experience of co-ordinating ecology surveys (ecologist staff and sub-consultants);
- Manage data using GIS (ArcGIS).
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Ecology / Botany / Zoology/ Environmental Sciences);
- Proven consultancy experience focused on ecology;
- Experience of ecological assessment / reporting requirements for large scale projects in the water, energy or transport sectors;
- Extensive understanding and experience of Appropriate Assessment (Habitats Directive) including experience in writing Screenings for Appropriate Assessment and Natura impact Statements;
- Experience in field surveys – protected species surveys, habitat assessment, invasive species survey;
- Experience in liaising with key stakeholders (eg. IFI, NPWS, local authorities),
- Knowledge/ experience of derogation licenses;
- Comprehensive awareness of relevant Irish and European legislation, policy and guidance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have working knowledge of GIS;
- CIEEM membership or working towards same desirable;
- Full driving licence essential.